Monday, May 8, 2017

Casualizing your outfit






OUTFIT DETAILS:

Activity: Volunteer ministry in the morning with a different jacket, school pickup run/errands in the afternoon with the denim jacket

Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar)
Tee: Pendleton via ebay (similar)
Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Shoes: Crown Vintage via DSW (similar - on sale)
Bag: Linea Pelle, thrifted (similar)

Yes, I did just make up that word.  Spellcheck informs me, via its pesky little underline of red dotted lines that it is not considered a real word.  And yes, as a matter of fact, I have posted quite a few outfits with this denim jacket lately (here, here, here).  It's such a great layering piece, though...  While I'm sure many have been layering with denim jackets forever, somehow I'm just now figuring out how to make it work for my style.  I'm on my own time frame, I guess.  And making up my own vocabulary to go along with it, apparently!

For me it's great to tone down a dressy look I might have worn in my volunteer ministry in the morning so I'm more school pickup ready.  I feel like it's versatile for travel, as well, since it can completely change the look of an outfit (see this long-ago post for another example of that).  Find some options you can still buy below.

What's one of your go-to outfit changing pieces?



No comments:

Post a Comment