Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wine country ready






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Driving to and visiting wineries in Sonoma, CA

Dress: Old Navy (similar)
Sweater: LOFT, thrifted (similar)
Bag: thrifted (similar)
Shoes: Dolce Vita, thrifted (similar)
Earrings: Ann Taylor (similar)
Bracelet: Magnolia Farms store, Waco, TX (similar)
Sunglasses: LOFT (exact)

Can you tell the weather in SF and Sonoma are radically different? I tried to grab some quick outfit photos as we were getting ready to leave, but I definitely needed my top layer at that point!

A casual summer dress is my favorite Sonoma wine-tasting outfit.  Comfortable, cute and ready for some warmth!  I wore this same dress last year, but since I rarely get to wear summer dresses in SF, it was ready and waiting for me again this year, freshened up with some new accessories - my basket bag, metallic flat sandals and fringe earrings.  After heading to Sonoma for wine-tasting a few times now, I feel like I have a handle on the "dress code".  (There isn't one, you'll see all different outfits, and they are all fine!  It's pretty casual there.)  But I love to find something that fits my slightly dressier style (after all, grown-up outings are kind of a big deal for me), but also completely fits in where I'm going.  This outfit seems to fit the bill.  

I also highly recommend flats for the daytime tastings, as certain wineries (like one of my favorites, Buena Vista Winery in the city of Sonoma) are set a bit back from the parking area, so there'll be a little walking involved, sometimes on cobblestone-like surfaces, as well.  Plus, it's easier to carry out your wine purchases in flats! ;)  More seriously, you might want to do a winery tour, especially if it's your first time in Sonoma, and heels are a bit ridiculous in the vineyard area...  The wineries all close between 4-6 pm, so you can wear your non-walking shoes for going to a restaurant later that night, if you so desire.  I wore my kimono robe (seen in this outfit) and platform wedges with skinny jeans for our dinner out, and felt fancy(ish), yet appropriate.  (Forgot to grab a photo of that outfit, though, sorry!)

Have you gone to a wine tasting?  What did you wear? Do share!

Here are some similar items if you're looking for an outfit like this:

Dress:

Cardigan:

Bag:

Earrings:

Bracelet:

Sandals:


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment