Monday, September 18, 2017

Checks, braids and hats...









Tried it tucked in for one photo - tidier but too much black... Didn't wear it this way, guess that's good?


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteer ministry

Sweater: LOFT, thrifted (similar)

Tee: H&M (similar)
Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Shoes: Madewell via ebay (similar)
Hat: from Ecuador vacation (similar)
Earrings: sterling hoops (similar)
Watch: Apple watch, gift (exact), leather band via eBay
Scarf: thrifted (similar)
Bag: Kelsi Dagger, thrifted (similar)
Sunglasses: LOFT (exact - on sale!)
Lip: NYX lip cream in soft matte in Sao Paulo (exact)

What is it about approaching fall that puts me in the mood to wear black and white outfit combinations?  Am I the only one here?  Looking back on my summer outfits, it was a pretty neutral season for me, but mostly ivory, olive, brown, blue, black, etc.  Now I suddenly crave the crisp combination of black and white, especially with a touch of cognac.   


I'm not gonna lie, this was my favorite outfit to wear of any outfit over the past several months.  The funny part is, it was all based on this scarf, which I had completely forgotten about until I was rummaging around in my (giant) scarf collection for a separate reason the night before.  Finding that one piece made my next day's outfit an easy choice (love that!).  Adding the cognac accessories gave the outfit a little more interest.  And can I mention that I'm happy fall is here so I remember to wear my oxfords again?  So comfortable!

What's your favorite part of dressing for fall fashion?

Here are some options for you:

SCARF:

BAG:


SHOES:
HAT:

SHIRT/SKIRT:

No comments:

Post a Comment