Monday, September 11, 2017

Monochromatic






To make it more casual, just change shoes! 




OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Errands, housework, school drop off (in the slip on sneakers)

Top: Gap (similar)
Jeans: LOFT, cropped and frayed by me (similar)
Bag: LOFT, thrifted (similar)
Earrings: gift (similar)
Bracelet: ebay (similar)
Lip: Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick in Pepper via Sephora (exact)
Sandals: Pour la Victoire via DSW (similar)
Sneakers: Dolce Vita via ebay (similar)

Two casual looks in a row!  Must be a record. I wear casual outfits pretty often, as most of us do, I just rarely get outfit photos of them.  

This monochromatic look is difficult to photograph, but it looked cuter in person (at least I thought so).  I decided to try the block-heeled sandal with it for some of the photos because I had thought this look might work for a simple casual date night look, with just a shoe change, and I wanted to scout it out.  That would make this look very versatile to take traveling, since it could be worn for a casual day look with comfortable slip-on sneakers for walking, and simple sandals (which are also quite comfortable) to throw on before heading out to dinner.  Plus obviously each of these pieces could be worn with pretty much any other item in your suitcase, making it extremely flexible.

I also felt very "San Francisco" in this outfit.  I often call SF the New York City of the West Coast, its fashion sense is much more akin to NYC than LA, in my opinion.  And there is a LOT of black.  And a lot of monochromatic black looks.  I am rarely drawn to that look, but I really liked this outfit and plan to bring it, or a similar variation of it, on my upcoming Midwest trip.  Though, I might choose a non-sandal version of the dressed up shoe, depending on the weather forecast!

How do you feel about monochromatic outfits? Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment