Monday, December 18, 2017

Minimal classic (plus, styling a white bag!)






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteering at Gavin's classroom

Coat: Lands' End, thrifted (similar)
Top: LOFT (similar)
Pants: LOFT (similar in this color, same cut in velvet, in corduroy)
Shoes: David Tate via ebay (similar) (Brief review: These shoes run $90-200+ new, but can be often found new on eBay for less than $50, including shipping.  Mine are very comfortable, well-made, have arch support and can be worn all day.  For NWT $38 on ebay, I was pleasantly surprised!)
Bag: Kate Spade, gift (similar - on sale!)
Earrings: Ann Taylor (similar - these are the most similar I've seen, if you like mine, check these out!)

The starting point for this outfit was this beautiful new bag, gifted to me by a generous tall friend (the cross-body strap was too short for her).  The clean lines and white color needed a simple, minimal outfit.  To be honest, I was a little scared by the white color - it's not anything I would ever buy myself, because I'm  nervous about staining it - but also excited, since it was a way to try a current trend - the "white bag" - without real risk.  I thought that if I paired the "scary" item with classic favorites, I wouldn't feel too much out of my comfort zone.  

It worked!  Of course, it helps that this bag has such great lines, but pairing one new trend with some trusted favorites, whatever yours might be, is a safe way to test the waters.

Also, can't stop, won't stop wearing these earrings, purchased on clearance during the summer.  I thought they'd only work for summer, with the raffia fringe, but I feel like they a great finishing touch to fall outfits too!  I call them my one-stop accessory item.  Add them, and you're done.  Here are some similar options for you below:




No comments:

Post a Comment