Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Flame orange for spring




OUTFIT DETAILS:
Top: Harlowe & Graham, thrifted (similar full-length sleeve, similar 3/4 sleeve)
Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Earrings: ebay (similar)
Bag: thrifted (similar)
Bracelet: street seller in SF (similar)
Shoes: Pour la Victoire via DSW (similar)

I have always liked this color.  As I mentioned in this post, it combines with almost everything well - all shades of blue, all shades of brown or khaki, and I wear it with black often, as well, though some may feel that's too Halloweeny (Halloweenish?).  Although this top was recently thrifted, I've spotted this color often in spring releases - Everlane has several items, including an adorable lightweight full-zip anorak/raincoat in this color (they call it "poppy red", don't be fooled, I've seen it in person), Athleta offers the tulip back top (that I reviewed in this post) in this color ("on fire") in all sleeve lengths, and I saw several things in this color during a recent foray into a LOFT store, like this and this (called lava red and deep red on their  website - though I've seen them in person and they are this flame orange/red color, not straight red).  So, the good news is, if you're interested in this look, or just this color, you will be able to find it, as opposed to some of my looks.  (One of the side effects of blogging while thrifting...)

On a side note, I'm starting to be done with bell sleeves.  What about you?  Since I loved the color and the price was right, I figured I could always turn this into an elbow length sleeve top by removing the bell sleeves.  We'll see.  Any recommendations?

Here are few flame orange options for you - all of which I've seen in person and can vouch for the color:

No comments:

Post a Comment