Wednesday, May 7, 2014

OUTFIT: Navy and neon yellow for spring (aka minimalism)

ALERT:  This is not my favorite outfit.   I know, it's a bit boring.  Or classic?  I thought about adding a statement necklace before I took the photos, but I decided to show you how I actually wore it.  (For anything but really dressy occasions, I tend not to wear a statement necklaces, guess I need to work on that, although it's partly because Gavin gets obsessed with it and it gets old quickly.) Anyway, I didn't have a scarf I loved with this look, and it was actually warm enough not to use one, so I decided to try minimalism.  Or, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  You could certainly do something similar but add your own fabulous statement necklace, dahhhling.

Oh, and must mention I found one of my spring pieces I talked about last week!  Note the new (to me) closed toe navy wedges (see this post).  Yay!

And by the way, can't remember if I mentioned it before, I don't wear sunglasses in the photos to attempt to look cool, but because 1) I'm old and squinting increases my wrinkles and 2) I look mean when I squint, so I have to wear sunglasses to avoid that ornery look and 3) I had to include the sunglasses pose today because it was the only one where I didn't cut off my shoes (Yeah, I need fashion and photo lessons).  Okay, got that out of the way.  Whew....

Outfit details and online buying options follow.







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: Boden, old (similar)
Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Skirt: Relativity, old (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden via ebay (similar)
Earrings: Simple pearl studs (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment