Friday, June 10, 2016

OUTFIT: Graphic tee and pearls (and a shout out to San Fran... Happy to be back!)






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Blazer: Theory via ebay (similar)
Tee: BeGood (similar)
Denim: LOFT (similar)
Shoes: Via Spiga via ebay (similar lower price, similar higher price)
Necklace (looped four times): Nordstrom Rack (exact - on mega sale!)
Bag: GiGi New York via ebay (similar)
Sunglasses: Forever 21 (exact)

While I had an incredible trip to Ecuador, one of the best parts of coming home was having access to more of my wardrobe (the rest will be out of storage and usable in less than a week when we move into our new home!).  I didn't post outfit photos from Ecuador for a couple of reasons: I couldn't bring my trusty tripod, which is how I usually struggle through capturing a photo worth posting (I get too embarrassed to have anyone else take them), and I hadn't brought ANY cute clothing (see this post for why).  It's so nice to get back home and be able to feel like myself again, able to portray my mood with items from my closet.  Contented sigh.

This outfit would have been great for Cuenca, if only I had brought it.  And, I didn't own these shoes until I ordered them during the trip, when I realized how useful these shoes would have been during my time there.  So, I had a nice package waiting for me upon my return.  I know I'm the last person ever on the slip-on sneaker bandwagon, but better late than never, right?  They're still cute, and I will get lots and lots of wearings from them!

The pearl necklace hasn't appeared on the blog yet, it was one of those closet "bucket list" items I've had on the back burner forever (someday I'll create and post a list of those items, if only to help me categorize them better).  When I stumbled upon a fabulous sale at Nordstrom Rack, I knew what to do.  This was my first time wearing it as a collar-length necklace looped four times, I've also worn it long - looped two or three times with a button-front shirt layered under a scoop neck sweater - which didn't photograph well enough to be posted, but will surely appear later in a similar form.  I'm not a big pearl person, but I like the idea of pairing pearls with unexpected items, like a graphic tee and sneakers.  I also have a cute faux pearl necklace a friend made me, that I like to wear unexpectedly as well - wrapping around my wrist multiple times as a bracelet, or layered with a shorter and longer metal chain necklace.  It's not (at all), but it feels a tiny bit rebellious to me to wear pearls dressed down or differently than they were intended.  Yay for my tiny, itty bitty stick-it-to-no-one act of fashion resistance.... 

Anyway, it feels great to be back home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment