Thursday, May 21, 2015

OUTFIT: Inspired by....


Inspiration 1 






















(as seen in People magazine)...


My version (and please don't think about the irony of comparing anything I'm wearing to Miranda Kerr....)


Outfit details:
Activity: Errands

Trench: Zara, thrifted (similar)
Top: thrifted (similar)
Jeans: LOFT (exact)
Shoes: Nine West, via ebay (similar)
Bag: Talbots via ebay (similar)
Necklace: Boutique (similar)

I saw this photo and immediately knew I wanted to replicate it somehow.  Obviously there are differences, but I knew I already had this coat, so the main thing I searched for was this bag, thankfully available on ebay at a great price.  Although I won't be buying more handbags any time soon, since we've since made with a goal to move overseas in a year or so, I plan to get as much use out of this one as I can, while I can, since it's so different from the colors I usually wear.

Inspiration 2:


(From hellofashionblog.com by Christine Andrews)

My version:



OUTFIT DETAILS:

(This version hasn't been worn yet, I was just experimenting the day I wore the former outfit - I do plan on wearing it, though~)

Trench: Zara, thrifted (similar)
Top: via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Jeans: LOFT (exact)
Shoes: Nine West, via ebay (similar)
Bag: Talbots via ebay (similar)
Necklace: Boutique (similar)

Again, there are differences between my version and hers (and, again, hers is much better), but mainly I liked testing the blush and blue colors together.  It's something I will try again!

Have you ever reproduced an outfit you saw online?  Yay or nay?



No comments:

Post a Comment