Sunday, May 24, 2015

OUTFIT: Shades of pale




OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Activity: Meeting for worship

Blazer: LOFT via ebay (super cute version)
Top: thrifted (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew via ebay (exact in current colors)
Scarf: Ecuador (similar - on sale this weekend!)
Bag: Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx (exact)
Shoes: Levity via DSW (similar)

Style evolution, it happens so slowly that sometimes you can't recognize it until you look back.  This outfit is a good demonstration of that - although I actually recognized this change as it happened, mainly because every time I wanted to reach for light, pale colors, I couldn't do it, because I didn't own them.  But, I have had a version of this outfit in my head for over a year.  An outfit made up of entirely pale neutrals, with a bit of blush thrown in.  An outfit I didn't have the wardrobe to complete until recently.    

I have no idea what has made me want to reach for these shades, as opposed to my usual favored dark neutrals (which are eminently more practical when one is shadowed by a 4 year old tornado, I might add), but that's how the evolution of style goes.  I'm in.  How about you?


1 comment: