Friday, August 14, 2015

OUTFIT: Open heart (and sleeves)






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Planned for a date night, babysitting adjustments meant it ended up as a family school shopping trip (including a yummy meal out, which is a special treat for our family)

Top: Forever 21 (just purchased in store this week, couldn't find online)
Tank: Forever 21 (exact)
Jeans: LOFT (similar)
Sandals: Steve Madden (similar)
Bag: Dooney & Burke via ebay (similar)
Bracelet: from my grandmother (similar)
Earrings: vintage shop (similar)
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren (exact)

San Francisco, can I just say how much I love you?  I had a sneaky suspicion that the location we traveled to which was found in one of the hottest housing markets possible would end up being the one I fell for.  Yup.  So, we've extended another 3 months, and I plan to make the most of every one of them!  I only wish it could be forever.

Today is one of those absolutely perfect days - sunny, not humid, not too hot.  In Wisconsin, we got maybe 10 of these a year.  Okay, maybe 20 if I'm feeling generous.  But seriously, not many.  Here, we've already had at least 10 in the 3 months we've been here.  (And, no bugs to mar the enjoyment.)  Granted, there've been plenty of foggy or cool days mixed in there, but that's all the better to give my blazer collection some love, my friends.  And, I've heard September-October are some of the most sunny months around here, so I want to soak it all up!  

I had been hoping it would be sunny today (for once the weather prediction was right!), so that my new top could actually see the light of day.  (While adorable, the looser sleeves are it's not exactly layering-friendly.)   It's not quite the "cold shoulder" top that is having a moment, but for me, it's quite a departure, and an easy way to dip my toes into these fashion waters.  Because of the longer tank underneath, my photographs don't show the flattering shorter length.  Normally bohemian styled items are tunic length, which is extremely unflattering, hence unappealing, to me.  Thought I'd give it a try!  Here's hoping for lots more perfect, sunny San Francisco days!

No comments:

Post a Comment