Thursday, August 13, 2015

OUTFIT: Summer blazer





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Grocery shopping, then kid's library party with Gavin

Blazer: ebay (similar)
Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Shorts: LOFT (sold out, but same print in a romper, and super similar and another very similar pair still available)
Shoes: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)
Bag: Dooney & Burke via ebay (similar)
Earrings: San Francisco resale shop (similar)


So, it's been a while, eh?  What have y'all been up to?  Life, most likely, which I can relate to.  We've had some planned travel to the Midwest (planned vacation to visit family), and some unplanned travel - also to the Midwest - (major illness and death a few weeks later of another family member).  While it was a sad loss to our family, thankfully the way things happened at least allowed all in the family to be present to say goodbye, then when the inevitable happened, all could be present to remember that life together.  Even Gavin had an opportunity to process the grief in his own, 4 year old way.  It's been a bittersweet process, definitely drawing our little family unit closer as we've dealt with a new challenge together.

And, there's been plenty of less dramatic activity, too.  Even things as flitterly flighty as fashion (but not much photo-taking of said fashion since I didn't travel with my tripod.  And summer fashion is sweaty.  Well, in the Midwest, anyway.)  I'm trying to really enjoy the last few weeks before my baby goes to school.  And enjoy feeling better since some recent healthy lifestyle changes. But trying to STAY feeling better as I incorporate less stringent dietary requirements.  Make sense?  Probably not.  I think I have a tendency to both overshare and be too vague, which seems conflicting, and probably is, but yet  well describes me, both personally and on this blog.

Truth be told, I'm struggling with what, if anything, to make of this space.  How much to share, and just what to share.  Personally, I've really enjoyed the past year or more, sharing various things (mostly outfits) from my life, but, as I recently reviewed some past posts, I can see why not that many are drawn here.  My posts have kind of gotten boring.  Or maybe they always were (probably!).  So I'm trying to decide how much of my life to share here.  Because this isn't a "mom blog", nor a "family blog", nor do I want it to be.  But just a few sentences about fashion each post, especially from me, a confirmed thrift shopper who rarely shops for new items, really doesn't make sense.  Clearly, there are others much better qualified to share fashion and shopping tips.  I don't really want to be a blogger who wears items only because they are new, or sponsored, or whatever.  I want to own less, not more, and wear things more times, in more ways, not just once, for a blog post.  Yet, I still love fashion, and clothes, and style, and I think I have a unique outlook on those things.  

So, for now, I think I'll post less, and only when an outfit and the photos of it warrant it.  And, I guess I plan to talk more.  Whether anyone wants to listen is up to them.  Won't be the first time I talk when no one is listening!

Oh, and I guess for the sake of proving my previous statements about rarely buying new items false, these are actually shorts I purchased this season.  And, of course they are sold out.  However, LOFT has other, really similar styles still available (don't you love how they set the fabric for the pockets so the stripe goes in the opposite direct?) in black and grays.  They run true to size and are awesome to lounge in, as well as dress up a bit, as seen here.  I'm tempted to buy one or both of the other pairs, but I'll probably restrain myself.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this outfit! That blazer and those shorts are amazing!
    Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete