Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OUTFIT: Ending an era





A rather surreal day.  Today was my last day at the job I've held for 15 years.  When I started I was in my 20s, not married, and freshly out of school for a new field.  Now I'm definitely NOT in my 20s, married for many years and a mom.  Quite a difference.  But on to new adventures, right?

So, when someone who usually works from home goes into the office for her last meeting with her colleagues (many of whom have been her colleagues for 15 years), she does put a bit of care into her outfit (and hair, not that you can tell - can't help it the weather was not cooperating!).  I say go with your strong suits when choosing an outfit for an important occasion.  For me, pencil skirts are my go-to, platform sandals give me height, and a blazer pulls the whole look together.  Your special go-to combination may be different, but keep it in mind so you can always feel like the best version of you when you need that extra dose of confidence to get you through your special day.

OUTFIT:
Activity: Last day working at the office (including goodbye party), errands

Blazer: ebay (similar)
Peplum top: J. Crew Factory (LOVE!!) (exact- on sale!)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Earrings: gift (similar)
Necklace: ebay (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment