Thursday, July 24, 2014

WARDROBE RECAP: White linen blazer, 6 ways


I realize many of these probably seem extremely similar - white blazer, top and pencil skirt.  That's true in a sense, but think of these outfits as illustrating principles which could be applied to different types of outfits.  For example, you might not expect a white blazer to look nice over a dark top and multi-colored patterned bottom, but it can work.  Swap out the floral pencil skirt I'm wearing for a pair of floral shorts or pants, and you're in business.  Or apply the pastel idea to capri pants instead of a skirt. Make sense?  I've highlighted some of the principles you can take away from these outfits below.  Links to the original outfits are underneath each photo.  (There are also two bonus outfits included below that didn't make it on to the collage!)

I know when I did this post on making wardrobe goals to wear my white blazer more (something I had bought last year for a special event), I had no idea how versatile it would prove to be.  Give it a try~


With black and white:




With pastels:


Over a bright sheath dress:

Over a contrasting shirt:

Over a graphic tee with jeans:

With pattern mixing (leopard and two types of stripes):

BONUS:

With brights and a coordinating scarf:


Over white with statement necklace and a patterned bottom:
(never before published)

No comments:

Post a Comment