Thursday, June 12, 2014

OUTFIT: Casual graphic tee with blazer

I used to be completely against graphic tees.  "Why should I wear advertising on my chest?"  "That's so ordinary."  "That's just not me."  Now I'm trying to branch out, including a more casual, but still stylish look that includes.... you guessed it, a graphic tee.  The key is making sure it's obvious you tried, that you're not just the average, sloppy, I just threw on a tee and jeans, fashion-free zone.

Tips: Try wearing a belt with a half-tucked tee and platform or heeled shoes.  Or try the look of the moment, a graphic tee with a blazer.  Small touches can make all the difference.

Also, fit matters.  Be sure you're not wearing a giant, men's fit tee.  It doesn't have to be a tiny fit, but make sure the shoulders fit, and the length is right for you.  If not, try a half-tuck.  Jeans should fit well, too, whatever cut you choose.

Here's my first attempt at this look.  J. Crew Factory had a great online sale on tees, and I tried a few new things.  Links for you to try are below.


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Tee: J. Crew Factory (exact - on sale!)
Jeans: Old Navy (exact)
Blazer: ebay (similar, similar)
Sandals: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (savesplurge)





(This is how my outfit photo shoots usually go - working around Gavin playing nearby or wanting to pose with me...  Just thought I'd throw that in there.)



No comments:

Post a Comment