Monday, June 2, 2014

OUTFIT: Cargo vest and blues (plus an essay on fashion...)

Don't you love it when you wear an outfit and you just feel fashionable?  Now, you may not agree with me on this outfit, but, to be honest, it really doesn't matter to me.  When I wore this outfit (twice last week), I felt stylish.  Fearless.  Invincible.  Isn't that really the point of fashion?  Not living up to some silly standard some ridiculous designer in Europe came up with, nor breaking your budget to be "in style", nor being uncomfortable in clothing all day long to meet a trend..  Fashion is about feeling your best.  Not someone else's best.  Find what you like, what looks good on you, maybe even add in a trend or two from this season that works for you, then enjoy going about your day.  You've checked off that box for the day so you can focus on the things you really need to do.

I feel like a different person when I have on an outfit where I feel frumpy and fat, as opposed to something I like and I feel flatters me.  That affects every part of me - my attitude, my responses to people, my confidence, even my creativity.  So is it worth putting just a bit of thought into what I purchase and wear?  Ummmm....  YES!  Life is too short to walk around feeling bad.  Now, don't take this to the extreme and spend all your time pinning fashion, shopping for fashion, and choosing your fashion for the day.  You've defeated the purpose of making fashion work for you and you are now a boring slave to it.  Live your life.  But live it fashionably.

Now I'll stop preaching so you can get out and live your life (looking stylish, of course)... 

Outfit details and shopping links follow pictures. 




OUTFIT DETAILS:
Vest: Old Navy (exact)
Tee: Banana Republic (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Sandals: Franco Sarto (similar - on sale!)
Sunglasses: Cole Haan via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Nordstrom Rack (savesplurge)

No comments:

Post a Comment