Friday, June 13, 2014

OUTFIT: White blazer and floral skirt (plus a J. Crew Factory floral pencil skirt review)

Have you ever seen an item and you just couldn't make up your mind if you liked it or not?  That's what happened to me on this skirt.  We were at the J. Crew Factory store (shopping for Mike, not me, I swear!), and there was 40% all clearance items, and this skirt was on sale and In.My.Size.  You know the feeling.  But I just wasn't sure if the pattern was too much.  And I already have several pencil skirts, including 2 patterned versions.  But, I figured, it was the only one left in the store (ended up being $21), so snatch it up and you can always return it.  But now I really like it.  I don't have any floral skirts, and this one even has cool butterflies and birds in the pattern.  So, I'm a fan.  

The bad news is that this doesn't seem to be available online.  Sorry!!  Go to a store if you're a fan and check it out.  I can't wait to style this with ankle boots in September and tights and knee-high boots later in the fall/early winter (okay, I can wait, I just mean I look forward to using this skirt in different ways!).

Now, as to the review, in case you find it in the store, this skirt runs true to the J. Crew Factory pencil skirt sizing.  I bought my normal size, and it fits as my other skirts in this size do.  I do prefer the J. Crew No. 2 pencil skirt style, it's a bit longer, but this one is washable, always a bonus, and the fabric is decent quality, although obviously not quite where the regular J. Crew pencil skirt is.  So, bottom line, if you like the J. Crew Factory pencil skirt, go ahead and get this floral pattern in your regular size.



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Blazer: via ebay (similar)
Shirt: Talbots, thrifted (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Shoes: J. Crew (similar)
Bag: Coach via Coach outlet (similar)





No comments:

Post a Comment