Tuesday, June 10, 2014

OUTFIT: Casual chambray as a jacket

If you love chambray, this is a great time in fashion to stock up.  If you don't love chambray, this is a great time to try new options.  There are so many great looks out there using chambray in unique ways (See how Kendi did it here - the other one I want to link is from her Instagram and I can't do it...).  There's never been a better time to give it a try.

I've had this shirt for a couple of seasons.  I used it mostly as expected, really casual with black leggings or a bit less casual with black jeans - very predictable.  After seeing some of the great styling options for chambray, I've been inspired to try using it in different ways.  Here's a casual running errands day look, using the shirt more as a light jacket.  It felt comfortable yet casual, but I wouldn't have been embarrassed running into a friend (which meant I didn't see anyone I remotely knew), like I would have had I been wearing sweats and a tee (when I surely would meet all my friends and acquaintances, right?).

This shirt is still available at Old Navy (on clearance and 30% off with code SAVEMORE), in the current season look, which is very similar.  

Here are a few more options, for various chambray items, not just tops:



BOTTOMS/DRESSES: one/two/three/four/five/six/seven/eight

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Shirt: Old Navy (exact, on clearance and 30% off with code SAVEMORE)
Tank: similar
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Minnetonka (exact)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (save, splurge)







1 comment: