Friday, June 6, 2014

WARDROBE RECAP: Cobalt blue pencil skirt ideas


You may have noticed I've been wearing this skirt.  A lot.  It's funny that this was a last minute purchase from the clearance rack, not a planned purchase, yet it has turned out to be so much more versatile than some of my more "neutral" choices that I thought "would go with everything".  Have you found that an unexpected buy turns out to be more utilized than some of your planned and saved for items?

Here's what I've figured out based on this lesson:

1. Bright colors go with more colors than you may imagine!  This bright blue and navy striped skirt has been styled with olive, kelly green, neon pink, cream, chambray, bright yellow and red (see pictures below).  It would also work with brown, burgundy, gray, white....  The list could go on!

2. Sometimes the neutral, plain option isn't always the way to go.  I'm famous for choosing the "practical" option (whenever I actually buy something new where you have colors and patterns to choose from).  It feels like the right thing to do to get the most wear out of the item.  Seeing how much I wore this skirt, as opposed to a gray and black striped option I also bought, makes me rethink my choices. 

3. A subtle print adds texture to an outfit and can be just as versatile as a solid.  This stripe has been paired with polka dots, stripes, eyelet, leather, denim, chambray (all but the eyelet pictured below).  I've always believed solids are more practical, but that isn't always the case.

SKIRT: Old Navy (exact in current colors heresolid cobalt pencil skirt heresimilar striped skirt here)

Other options (my first blog "widget"!!!):


Outfits styled with this skirt (links to original posts below each picture for outfit details):








No comments:

Post a Comment