Tuesday, November 4, 2014

OUTFIT: Dressing up a cozy sweater and sporty pants




OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Hanging at home with a sick boy (with slippers - I added the bag, lipstick and heels as an inspiration for a maybe-someday date night)

Sweater: Ragstock (similar, similar)
Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Pants: Athleta (exact) (see review here)
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)

I almost themed this post as a travel wardrobe idea - how cool is it that you could take the same outfit you wore for cozy, comfy traveling, add a fun shoe, and have a grown-up fun outfit?  Talk about double duty.  In the end, however, I decided to just stick with a straight outfit post.  (Maybe this could lead into a travel capsule wardrobe idea, though??)

My current life has been a bit outfit-inspiration free.  In my everyday life, I'm relying on old blog outfits (which are great to have prepared!), since no one around here has ever seen them, and they are a quick and easy choice since we're always running late (traffic around here is insane).  While that can get me by for a while, I thought I would play with some new outfit ideas during Gavin's nap time.

Now, would I really wear this whole outfit, heels and all, for real life?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  But, if I was ever puttering around the house in the white tee and sporty pants (a common event), and needed to quickly get ready for a grown-up, out-of-the-house event, this could work.  And, I think the shoes are actually an integral part of the outfit, because I don't think the proportions of this sweater and pant combo would work without heels, at least on me.

So, the moral of the story?  Play dress-up in your own closet!  You might be surprised what you discover...

And, tune in tomorrow for another version of this outfit with a completely different feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment