Wednesday, November 12, 2014

OUTFIT: Knit cap and trench






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteer ministry
Temperature: 30s-50s degrees F span over the morning to the afternoon

Trench: Forever 21 (similar)
Cap: ?handmade?, thrifted (similar)
Scarf: From Nepal (similar)
Sweater: thrifted (similar)
Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Tights: Target (similar)
Boots: Calvin Klein via ebay (similar)

I always forget to wear my cute knitted caps when it's not freezing cold out.  While a cap looks cute (and is practical) with a winter coat, it looks even better when worn as a layer with less-wintery items.  And, best of all, it does actually really keep you warm!  I probably should have been wearing a wool coat today, but with my layers, and the warm hat, I was comfortable in a lighter coat.  (Which I might as well enjoy as long as I can, with this fall already starting out this frigidly cold...)

My favorite thing about this outfit, however, is how it finally captures that casual-dressy mix that is so hard to find (for me, at least!).  The trench coat is a more formal, traditional option, but with the casual cap added, the whole outfit becomes less precious and more fun.  An elusive blend I'm hoping to pin down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment