Wednesday, November 19, 2014

OUTFIT: Bright cozy sweater and jeans






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Family errands (getting a new bike for Gavin, among other things)

Sweater: thrifted (similar)
Jeans: Old Navy (exact in current washes)
Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Boots: Carlos by Carlos Santana (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Earrings: craft sale (similar)

Sometimes you need a bit of color.  Looking back at some recent outfit posts, I notice that I've been really into black and white lately, with an occasional pop of red thrown in.  But every once in a while, you just need a hit of intense color.  Especially when it's freezing and more often cloudy than not.  Give it a try.  Color therapy, I recommend it.

On another note, I've been experimenting with cool weather outfits that don't involve a winter coat.  I must admit that's easier when it's not frigid from November until March, but I think I could have used some of these ideas when I lived up north also.  It's just a matter of thinking "outside of the coat" and trying new layering ideas.  Save that coat for when you really need it....  Because this year, unless you live in Hawaii, it looks like you may need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment