Monday, September 15, 2014

OUTFIT: Dressed up sporty pants (plus an Everlane The Cotton V tee review)











OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Guerrilla shopping at a "first look" children's clothing consignment sale (worn with track shoes -  the heels, denim and necklace were added later to test out future outfit ideas)

Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar)
Tee: Everlane (exact)
Pants: Athleta (exact) - reviewed in this post
Shoes: Rachel Roy via ebay (similar)
Bag: Coach (similar)
Scarf: from a vacation to Nepal (similar)
Necklace: Urban Outfitters (similar)

As you can see, I don't think I've perfected the "sporty tee and stiletto" look (plus these pictures are pretty meh).  But, it was fun to try to take a casual daytime look (which I wore with the shoes from this post), and dial it up a notch for a more glam look.  I'm practicing for my anniversary trip to Chicago in a few weeks.  I'll be needing some day to evening looks for the fun surprises my hubby has planned for us.  Do you ever play dress up?  Sometimes the most unexpected combinations can come from testing items from your closet you've never paired before.  Give it a try!

And, here's the review I promised in the title.  The top is shown in the looks above.

EVERLANE "The Cotton V" TEE REVIEW (Not sponsored, I bought this on my own):
Size: True to size - I wore my regular size.  I was concerned this might run a bit small, since even tiny Audrey mentioned she sized up to a medium to get a looser fit, but the fit was fine.
Fit:  It is semi-fitted, not super tight. 
Fabric:  Very nice feeling cotton fabric.  I can't speak to whether the white tee is opaque or not, but the navy color is a nice bright navy that looks intentional, not like a faded black.
Length: This ends very low hip on me, a tiny bit longer than I like, but probably perfect for those who are taller than 5'2" and not short-waisted like me.
Quality:  Feels very nice, as expected from Everlane based on reviews.
Overall:  I really like this tee, but the v is just too low for me to wear in public without a scarf (you can kind of tell in the third photo), which is a shame since I love the color.  It will be great for layering, though, and I will try out a crew neck next time.  The price and quality are definitely right!

No comments:

Post a Comment