Tuesday, September 23, 2014

OUTFIT: Cargo vest, striped tee and jeans






OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Activity: Story time with Gavin, errands

Top: Loft (similar)
Vest: Old Navy (sold out - similar)
Jeans: (Old Navy) (exact)
Shoes: Sperry Top-sider via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Earrings: Sterling silver ball studs (similar)
Watch: Lucien Piccard (similar)

This is the type of outfit I feel has been helped the most by following the few fashion blogs I look at (especially J's, Audrey's and Franziska's).  It's so easy to overlook casual, everyday outfits (at least for me, since I tend to put my emphasis on my dressier volunteer ministry and meeting for worship outfits).  But, there is  a lot to be said for feeling put together even when you're "off duty", and finding a quick and easy formula for getting dressed in the morning on every day, even casual ones.  Adding this vest has helped a lot, as has identifying what elements in an outfit make me feel stylish.  For me, at least these days, that usually involves stripes and a hint of leopard (and my trusty neon bag).  That formula may evolve over time, but I'm glad to have stumbled upon it.  What's your secret formula for getting dressed every day?


No comments:

Post a Comment