Monday, September 1, 2014

OUTFIT: What to wear for a day at a festival or farmer's market






OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Downtown Farmer's Market and "Taste of Madison" events

Chambray Shirt: Old Navy (similar)
Tee: Old Navy (exact)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Shoes: Newton (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Watch: vintage Citizen (similar)
Earrings: sterling silver ball stud earrings via ebay (similar)

As I mentioned earlier (this post), it can be hard to get it right in the fashion department.  If like to people-watch, like I do, you probably notice those few who get it right.  I always think - "Why didn't I think of wearing that?".  It's usually something simple and classic with an added touch of a trend or two.  Then you see those who just tried a little too hard - too "fashiony" for a casual event (at least in my casual city), or those who didn't try at all.  It's sure easier to relax and enjoy the event when you're dressed appropriately.  This was a day I felt I got it right.  I loved trying the track shoe trend (although are the bright ones already done?  Oh well, these are my running shoes until they wear out!), as well as the graphic tee trend, plus both were practical for my day of walking on hard concrete for several hours at a time in various weather condition.  

Ah, happy fashion moment.  May you have many of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment