Sunday, August 31, 2014

OUTFIT: What to wear to a casual summer dinner party



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Casual dinner party at a friend's home

Tank: thrifted (similar)
Jeans: Old Navy (similar)
Sandals: Steve Madden (similar)
Earrings: sterling silver ball stud via ebay (similar)
Necklace and pendant: sterling silver, via ebay (similar, similar)

I'm not the only one who struggles with what to wear to various events, am I?  It's not like it's the hugest, most important event in life, but it is nice to feel like you nailed it in the fashion department.  You're not too dressed up, you're not too casual, you don't look like you tried too hard, and your clothing is appropriate for the occasion (which might include walking, sports, etc.).  When I do feel like I got it right, it's a nice feeling.  I can spend the occasion relaxed, and feeling confident, instead of second-guessing myself and wishing I'd chosen another outfit.  While this picture isn't my best, it does at least capture the essence of my outfit, which was pretty simple, but felt classic and appropriate for the casual, hot summer afternoon into cooler evening that included dinner and a 4-wheeler ride (and which didn't, but could have included volleyball and a bonfire).  I added a simple white cotton button-down camp-shirt for when the evening got cooler.

Summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment