Sunday, August 10, 2014

OUTFIT: Nautical blue and white







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: via ebay (similar)
Top: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Skirt: via Boston Store (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Necklace and pendant: via ebay (similar)
Earrings: via ebay (similar)

So, I like this outfit, more or less, but I really feel like I'm in a style rut.  My formula of blazer and pencil skirt is getting a bit repetitive.  Although it's a silhouette that works for my figure, I'm really itching to try something different.  So, today I tried on two different outfits in a different silhouette for my meeting.  One didn't fit right even before outfit photos, and the other looked too horrible in photos (and I'm sure in person, also) to memorialize on the internet.  Ugh.  So, I think a fashion goal post is in order, to try to capture what it is I'd like to change, and what I could shop for (within my range of somewhat flattering silhouettes).  Just in time for fall, right?

Anyone else struggle with style ruts?  What's your solution?

PS If you're wondering, the "nautical" portion of the outfit is the anchor pendant...  Guess I'm adding riddles to the blog now?


No comments:

Post a Comment