Monday, August 11, 2014

OUTFIT: It's all in the (half) tuck.... (Dressing up a tee and shorts)

I may have already waxed somewhat poetic on the joys of a simple tee and shorts in the summer (this post - I may also have droned on a bit long about mom fashion vs. fashiony fashion, sorry!).  So, here's a demonstration of what NOT to do with said tee and shorts, even though you may see every one else traipsing about like this (at least if you live in a small, casual Midwestern city like I do).  

BEFORE:
Excuse the first facial expression, I was squinting in the sun, not trying to exemplify the "before" nature of the picture in my face (Doesn't my face look like a nonverbal expression of the word "Ew"?).  Think I overdid the balancing out the sun squint in the second picture, though.  Just thought I'd include both beauties for your viewing pleasure...  Ew.

Really, though, this outfit is really just fit (barely) for going to the beach or (maybe) a walk around the neighborhood.  Hardly fashion forward.



AFTER:
I just changed out the flip flops for cute (and comfy) platform sandals, added a bright bag, pink lipstick and half-tucked the shirt.  Better, right??  And none of it is any or less cool or comfortable (other than perhaps taking out the pony tail in my hair) than before, but it looks much better.  (Or is it my stylish blogger poses? Ha.)



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Visit to Bita (grandpa), errands with Gavin

TOP: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Shorts: J. Crew Factory (similar, similar)
Sandals: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Earrings: via ebay (similar)
Watch: vintage Citizen via ebay (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment