Sunday, August 24, 2014

OUTFIT: Madewell top (and maroon musings)

 Long with blazer, heels and maroon bag



 Half-tucked with blazer, ankle strap sandals and maroon bag


With minimalist ankle strap sandals and large black clutch

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Top: Madewell (sold out but alternate color here, similar)
Blazer: Gap, old (similar)
Jeans: J. Crew Factory (exact - on sale for $29!)
Heels: J. Crew, last year (similar, similar)
Sandals: Charles David via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Maroon bag: Coach via outlet (similar)
Black "clutch": Built laptop cover (similar)
Earrings: Sterling silver balls via ebay (similar)
Watch: vintage Citizen via ebay (similar)

I just received my first Madewell order (this top was a clearance item, and there was free shipping) and I couldn't wait to try out some outfit options paired with my new jeans (these ones, currently $29 and still available in many sizes in this Huron wash).  I might also try it with my new black sporty pants, a denim jacket and heels for my upcoming anniversary weekend in the city (our 15th anniversary!), or with a black pencil skirt and the ankle strap sandals pictured above.  (I do plan to bring the bottom hem of the top up an inch or so to make it more flattering when worn with pants.)   Don't you love it when one item singlehandedly makes you excited about your closet again?  

I'm really feeling the color maroon (burgundy? whatever you want to call it) for this fall.  It's so versatile, I have a bag, tights, shoes and a skirt in shades of maroon, and I've worn it with citron (here and here), black (obvs), navy (here), and a light blue print skirt (here and here).  I'm looking forward to trying new  combinations with this maroon top.  

What colors put you in a fall state of mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment