Thursday, December 11, 2014

OUTFIT: Leather and lace







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteer ministry and meeting for worship

Sweater: thrifted (similar)
Top: Go Silk (similar)
Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Tights: Merona (exact)
Boots: Bussola (exact)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)
Earrings: Sterling silver ball studs via ebay (similar)

No, not THAT kind of leather and lace, silly.... That's for a different blog.  And technically, I guess I mean suede and lace, but let's not get stuck on semantics for the sake of a good title, shall we?  

As I mentioned in this post, you see a lot of pencil skirts around here.  And, will continue to - it's the most flattering skirt silhouette for me.  But, that doesn't mean there isn't room for experimentation.  I've been trying a maxi skirt occasionally (here, here and here), and I had been looking for a full skirt that wasn't a mini skirt for quite a while.  I found this one at a thrift shop last week.  While it's a bit big, it had the length I wanted, and gives me a chance to break out of my pencil skirt rut.  I especially love the bright navy color, which allows it to look deliberate when paired with black (I don't like a super dark navy where you can't tell if it's black or navy - what's the point?).  And, it's SO comfortable!  Score.

What's your most recent resale shop score? 

No comments:

Post a Comment