Tuesday, December 9, 2014

REVIEW: LOFT legging jeans



I had been really needing some new jeans.  My old ones were not only worn out, but were too low-rise and would stretch out within an hour or two, requiring lots of pants-hitching all day.  Fun times.  I tried on tons of jeans at Gap, but just didn't find what I was looking for.

Enter LOFT jeans.  I saw some great online sales during Black Friday, and decided to brave the crowds to check out the store in person, since there's one just a couple of miles away.  Score!  Sales in store were even better than online, and I tried a different style than I would have tried online.  In case you've been wondering, here's my review.  

The regular price jeans aren't on sale right now, but I get the impression they go on sale regularly.  And, there is an extra 40% sale jeans going on now (no code needed), so you could check those out and see if anything works for you.

REVIEW: LOFT Legging Jean
Sizing:  I would say this runs ever so slightly big.  I usually run between two sizes, and I was able to comfortably wear the smaller of my two sizes.  So if you're exactly one size, you might want to check out both that size and the one below it.
Rise:  This waistband hits at a finger width below my belly button.  Below Mom jean territory, but no worries about butt crack showing if I lean over.  Just right, in my opinion.  Also, the waistband is stretchy enough, or well-placed enough that it doesn't cause muffin top (cue the heavenly chorus).  Yay!
Length: I bought these in the regular length, not petite, and they are just right as legging jeans, with a tiny bit of bunching at the bottom (in a good way).  They look good with jeans or heels alike.  My guess is that they would be on the shorter side if you are taller, so you might want to consider the tall length if you have long legs (just a guess, since I'm short and the regular length was only a tiny bit long on me).
Fabric:  Nice and stretchy and comfortable, yet it doesn't bag out after wearing it all day.  I actually don't rip these jeans off first thing after getting home like I usually do.
Quality:  So far, I'm very happy.  These look nice, are holding up well, and have high quality details.
Color: I bought this jean in both the center blue wash and the smoky black wash.  The blue is a nice comfortable, slightly faded, classic blue, with a tiny bit of whiskering.  Perfect for your basic skinny jean, or as a departure from a really dark rinse or a true faded wash.  The black is great, too.  Still black, but this one is a bit faded in a cool way, with some whiskering along the hips that add to the look, in my opinion.
Comments: I'm so happy I gave these a try.  These are definitely my new go-to jeans, especially for wearing with ankle boots or tucking into tall boots (no more folding extra fabric out of the way to get them zipped!).  I wasn't expecting to buy a legging jean, but sometimes the skinny jean ends up a bit loose on my calves, which wasn't what I was looking for in this jean.  I like the pocket placement, too - flattering.  t can't wait to try the ankle-zip distressed jeans, but think I'll probably need petite sizing in those to get the zippers at the right spot.  I didn't find that style in store in petite sizing to try on, so I'll have to order online.  In short - give LOFT jeans a try!

1 comment: