Wednesday, December 3, 2014

OUTFIT: Striped peplum and maxi







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Meeting for worship

Sweater: Banana Republic Factory (similar)
Peplum top: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Skirt: DKNY (similar)
Heels: Rachel Roy via ebay (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)
Earrings: craft fair (similar)
Necklace and pendant: ebay (similar)

You see a lot of knee-length pencil skirts around here on my blog.  Hopefully that's your thing.  It's definitely one of mine.  However, I have been trying to expand my horizons a bit.  It's not easy with my body type (curvy all over, short and busty), which tends to look best in minimalist, body-skimming silhouettes.  If I was to wear a flowy midi-lenth skirt with pleats, I would look 30 pounds heavier.  Obviously not cool.  There is room for some variety within that flattering range, however, and I'm working on finding those pieces, in my proportions.  A drapy maxi-skirt is one of those items - provided it is hemmed to my maxi-length, not the length for a 5'9" inch person with long legs.  I've had this one for years, but had to roll the waistline around the top so it didn't brush the ground.  Then, when I finally got it hemmed to the correct length, the hemstitch came undone and it sat in my sewing pile forever.  Now, it is back in business and better than ever, baby!  The drapy fabric helps to make the look flattering, as opposed to a long, full cotton maxi-skirt, for example, which wouldn't be attractive on someone of my size and height.  Coming soon - a pleated skirt, and a full knee-length skirt.  Tune back in for some new looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment