Thursday, November 20, 2014

OUTFIT: Dressing up a down vest (and how to wear those hand warmer sleeves you made from my tutorial!)







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteer ministry

Vest: Lands' End (similar)
Sweater: thrifted (similar)
Scarf: gift from India (similar)
Skirt: Athleta (similar)
Sweater sleeves: DIY (see tutorial here)
Bag: Coach (similar)
Tights: Merona (exact)
Boots: Calvin Klein via ebay (similar)
Sunglasses: Ralph by Ralph Lauren (exact)

When I get (or make) something new, I'm always SO excited to wear it as soon as possible. This is the opposite of my mom, who used to have items with tags hanging in her closet forever.  (I never got that - guess I'm too impatient!)  So, with my newly made fingerless gloves/faux sleeves in mind, I bethought myself of an outfit with them to wear right away. (Don't think that's how you'd use the word bethought, if it's even really a word.  However, I am quite enjoying that sentence, so in it stays.  This is my world, even if it's only a non-read regular old lady non-fashionable blog.)  

Moving on...  (I thought I had better end that paragraph, probably even a few sentences earlier than I did).  What I like about adding the sleeves/handwarmers is how they make a layered look without really having to add another layer.  To me, it looks like either my sweater has cool contrast sleeves attached (an interesting DIY idea, hmmmm...), or that I had pushed the sleeves of the gray sweater up to show the striped sweater underneath.  But in real life, that would be rather bulky, so this idea is better, in my opinion.  Want to try it?  Betake yourself here and check out the easy peasy tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment