Wednesday, November 5, 2014

OUTFIT: Blazer and sporty pants




 OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Hanging at home with a sick boy (wearing the tee and pants with slippers - I added the blazer, bag, lipstick and heels as an inspiration for a future outfit)

Blazer: Gap, old (similar)

Tee: Lands' End (exact)
Pants: Athleta (exact) (see review here)
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was playing in my closet while Gavin napped one day, and thought I would test out some ideas based off what I was wearing to lounge - a white tee and sporty pants.  I showed one variation yesterday, and here is my second version.  I was thinking this one would be great for a less formal office - as comfortable as lounging at home clothes with the added polish from the blazer and heels.  This could also be an easy additional look in a travel capsule wardrobe - just adding the one blazer gives you an entirely different look, plus you could rework the blazer to make several more outfits during your trip.  (Can you sense a probable travel capsule wardrobe based off these looks in a future post?)

Here's another benefit of playing in your closet.  I found 2 variations of this outfit that worked, and two that SO did not.  Now I know!  I'll share those outfit mistakes (from which I am now saved) and my lessons learned in another post.  (Brace yourself.  It was not pretty....)

No comments:

Post a Comment