Wednesday, May 14, 2014

OUTFIT: Newsflash: neon pops in gray weather!

Are you having lots of spring rain and gray days?  We have been. While I'm not going to complain since it's actually finally above freezing around here (although barely, some days...), I have been unusually drawn to neon this spring.  Me, the one whose favorite color is taupe (yes, really), and who always gets things in the practical color - black.  But, I just found two pieces to add to my ...  well, not a collection yet...  other neon item (singular).  What I love is how they brighten up a gray day.  Give it a try!

Outfit details follow.

My new neon items (see my previous outfits using neon in this post and this one):



And here's how I wore them:

A dressier option (worn during my volunteer work):



A more casual look for playtime with Gavin later in the day:

(Gavin actually styled this - he told me these shoes matched my pink top and blue skirt - he was right!)


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Dressy outfit
Cream moto: MNG by Mango via ebay (similar)
Tee: J. Crew (exact)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden via ebay (similar)

Casual outfit
Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar)
Tee: J. Crew (exact)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Kangaroos, thrifted (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment