Thursday, June 5, 2014

OUTFIT: Mixed stripes in blue

I know, the mixing of stripes is getting to be my signature lately, but it's been adding new life to the possibilities in my closet, which needs some attention now that we're (mostly) finished moving.  Patterns may not feel as versatile as solids, since you may feel they can't be combined with as many things (at least that's how I always felt), but I'm learning that many patterns can be mixed together - stripes with stripes, stripes with polka dots, stripes with paisley, stripes with floral....  You get the picture.  Give it a try! You may find new outfits in your own closet you've never worn before - even better than shopping for a new outfit in a store.

Outfit details and links to buy a similar look follow pictures.

(Oh, and in case you noticed that I've posted looks with this skirt 3 days this week, just know it wasn't an accident.  I was going to post outfits using this skirt all week, then do a recap on all the different ways it could be worn, but was too excited about the casual shorts post I did yesterday not to use that right away. Anyway, recap on this skirt coming soon!)



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: Merona (similar)
Tee: Banana Republic (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar)
Necklace: ebay (similar)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Nordstrom Rack (savesplurge)

1 comment: