Wednesday, June 25, 2014

OUTFIT: Olive and yellow with black

Sometimes you find a formula that works.  In this case, it's a color combination - olive and yellow (of any shade, mustard or neon).  Here, I paired it with black, but it looks great with white (see this post), navy (see this post and this post) or brown (wait a future post).  The beauty of locking down a formula that works for you is that, once you nail the combination, you are freed up to be creative with the accents.  Maybe it's just me, but I struggle with outfit inspiration (often!), so sometimes when I find the basic combination of my outfit (in this case, olive shoes and tank with a mustard yellow skirt), I suddenly find the rest of the pieces easy to add.

What's your secret to outfit inspiration?


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Weekly meeting for worship

Jacket: thrifted (similar)
Cami: thrifted (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew (exact in current colors)
Shoes: thrifted (similar)
Bag: thrifted (similar)
Necklace: ebay (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment