Sunday, June 1, 2014

OUTFIT: Polka dots and stripes with denim

So, apparently I lied when I said I didn't mix patterns that often.  Or, it may be that I tend to do it more in the spring and summer, when I have more patterned items.  (Or, I lied. Take your pick...)  In any case, I certainly have been doing it a lot recently.  

Here's a quick outfit post.  I really wore it with a dark gray wool cardigan and a brown leather blazer, because of the cool weather in the morning, but those items were just for practicality and appropriateness (I don't wear denim in my volunteer work), and didn't really even match.  In a perfect fashion world, I would have paired this outfit with a denim jacket, so that's how I show it here.

Oh, and in a perfect world I wouldn't have worn red shoes with this outfit (maybe navy, or silver or cobalt blue or yellow or ANYTHING else?), but these are the only non-sandal platforms I have that keep this skirt from dragging on the ground.  So, chalk it up to quirky color mixing, or wardrobe deficiency, whichever you prefer.

Outfit details follow the pictures.

WITH SCARF:


WITHOUT SCARF:



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar, similar)
Tee: J. Crew Factory store (similar, similar)
Skirt:Old Navy (exact)
Shoes: Kork Ease via DSW (similarsimilar)
Scarf: street seller in NYC, old (similarsimilar)
Earrings: ebay (similar)
Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs via ebay (similar, similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment