Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bright lip for fall





OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Activity: Family bike ride along Ocean Beach (and inevitable grocery store run)

Jacket: Old Navy (similar)
Top: Old Navy (similar)
Jeans: LOFT, hem cropped and frayed by me (similar)
Shoes: Dolce Vita via ebay (similar)
Bag: Linea Pelle, thrifted (strap was missing, so I ordered a custom one via ebay - well worth it for snagging a bag like this for only $5) (similar)
Earrings: craft fair (similar)
Lipstick: Maybelline fuchsia flame (similar)

I usually save this lip color for summer, but I didn't use it much this year, which was a shame.  So, when I saw this article, I thought I would have a good excuse to wear one of my favorite lip colors a little longer, even though it wouldn't be my usual choice for October.

This outfit may not seem too extraordinary, and it truly isn't, but it does represent my achieving a long-time style goal.  Also a simple one: find outfits that look cute and allow you to carry out whatever activity is needed - in this case, a bike ride with the family (so not too intense with a six-year-old, if you know what I mean, but still activity) - without feeling like I'm stuck in a workout clothing or sports clothing rut.  I often find it frustrating when we have a "day out", which doesn't come along that often, and I'm stuck wearing useful but not very stylish clothing.  I mean, I live for the cute outfits I own but rarely get to wear!

I've resolved this in two ways (well, three really - sometimes I just suck it up and wear the practical thing when needed, imagine that), first by getting cuter workout outfits that I don't mind wearing in regular life (some of the time - I'm not a fan of the workout wear for every day), but those tend to work better for warmer days somehow.  Secondly, I've realized that I can do certain activities in jeans, even though I wouldn't have thought so.  These spandex-infused jeans worked just fine for a leisurely bike ride at a 6 year old's pace.  Sometimes I seem to think I'm doing things at a professional level, at least based on the way I dress for those activities.  Just chill already.

What's your activity day dressing solution?


No comments:

Post a Comment