Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tie waist top




OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Volunteer ministry

Top: Uniqlo (exact currently on sale for $10. 
MINI REVIEW: Nice lightweight cotton fabric. Runs large, especially for smaller busted ladies. I'm wearing a medium.  I also ordered the yellow color, which is much more brown in person.  Just be aware.  It's a nice color, but not mustard yellow, more like mustard brown.  Nice feature - no pin or snap at the bustline needed! Another nice feature is that it can be worn with the wrap in back and the neckline as a high boat/crewneck, although I didn't find it particularly flattering on me that way.  I wanted it in white also, but reviews said it was sheer, so I didn't get it.)
Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Shoes: Zara, thrifted (similar)
Bag: Ann Taylor, thrifted (quite similar - from Target!)
Earrings: LOFT (similar)

This top was a bit of an impulse buy - to be honest I'm not even sure why I was looking at Uniqlo's website.  Cleaning out my email and actually clicked to see the new spring line?  I can't even remember.  But, when I spotted this top at $10, I took the plunge.  Here's my dirty little secret: while I do like the wrap style of the top, as well as this classic blue color, I also find that I really like wearing lightweight long-sleeve tops so I don't constantly have to apply sunscreen to my arms.... The older I get, the more I notice the much stronger California sun, so, while I try to keep up with the sunscreen application, having fabric-covered arms makes life that much simpler.  Lazy, but effective! 

If you're in the market for some similar wardrobe items, here you go:

SHIRTS:


EARRINGS:


SHOES:




BAGS:

Save

No comments:

Post a Comment