Thursday, November 5, 2015

OUTFIT: Corduroy (and review of LOFT striped pocket blouse)





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Top: LOFT (exact) - currently 40% off!
Pants: Gap (similar)
Flats: Gap (exact)
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren (exact)
Earrings: pearl studs (similar)
Blazer: Gap, thrifted (similar)

LOFT had their 40% off pricing going, and I'd had a few things in my cart for a while.  I finally bit the bullet and actually made an order that included this striped blouse.  Since I usually like the petite sizes in tops for this brand, I mostly have to order online, as very little petite sizing is found in stores (at least for the styles I'm interested in).  In case you're considering it, here's my review:


REVIEW OF Loft striped pocket blouse (currently on sale for 40% off $54.99)

Size: I'm wearing a petite medium here.  It's hard for me to tell "true to size" right now, as I've just lost some weight and am wearing a size down from my previous normal size in LOFT.  However, reviews said this ran bigger, so I decided that medium would be better than large.  I also tend to like petite sizing for blouses at LOFT, for the shorter length, especially on tunic length shirts like this.  This is somewhat tighter in the shoulders than I expected.  I have rather small shoulders, so, if you have broad shoulders, definitely don't size down, and maybe try it on in store. However, it fits fine in the bust and hips, which would normally be the more difficult areas for me.  

Length:  In the petite, on me, this hits at a nice low hip length in front, and a below-butt length in back.

Fabric:  This is my favorite part.  It's a great, drapey polyester that is comfortable to wear (and washable!), but looks nicer than a knit top.  I definitely plan to add more of this type of top to my wardrobe.

Pattern: The stripe is a classic navy and well-executed on the fabric.

Quality:  While I personally think the full-price of $59.99 is a bit over-priced for the quality, it is a nice shirt, and it's definitely worth checking out, especially on sale.

Style:  A classic tee shape with the roll-up sleeve tab detail.  Right on trend with the floaty blouse shape.

Comments:  As I mentioned, I'm really glad I got this.  I'm currently in need of some striped tops (I'm down to this one and one old top that's now too big - a shocking lack), and this fit the bill and more.  I know I'll wear it over and over in many different ways.  I already wore it like this and with a mustard yellow pencil skirt and layered pearl necklaces, and it just came Monday!  I definitely plan to try more colors in this top.

No comments:

Post a Comment