Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sequins and oxfords





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Top: J. Crew Factory (similar)
White Button-front shirt: In Style (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Shoes: Dolce Vita via ebay (similar)
Earrings: gift (similar)
Bag: Talbots via ebay (similar)

And just like that, suddenly I'm inspired again to take outfit photos.  The difference?  Maybe getting my basic white button-front shirts back out of storage - such a great base to start from for almost any outfit.  Or perhaps the finding of my long-awaited sequin tee (one of those back-burner "wouldn't it be fun to have?" items).  It could even be the recently acquired oxford shoes (which I hadn't had since I had to get rid of my really cute, but really uncomfortable silver oxfords, seen here and here in late 2014).  Either way, I had fun reworking a skirt I've worn many times before (here and here and here, just to show a few).

The top is black, the tights and shoes are a lighter navy blue, which doesn't show up as well in the pictures as I'd like (I missed my window of great light at my odd little shady hillside location), but work together since the skirt print has both colors.  And to be honest, I'd wear this light navy shoe with black without a coordinating print.  As long as the navy is light enough to look intentional, it works.   I'm hoping these shoes will coordinate with lots of items I already own.  I'm selling a few pairs of ballet flats to make room for something a little different in my closet (thanks, eBay!), as well as culling my closet to showcase what I really love, and better highlight the few holes I might have.

Isn't fashion fun?  We have to get dressed everyday, but isn't your day a little bit better those days where your outfit matches your mood and the occasion?

No comments:

Post a Comment