Thursday, October 2, 2014

OUTFIT: Graphic tee and printed pants with oxfords









OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Errands, story time with Gavin

Tee: Feist concert tee, old
Pants: Old Navy, last spring
Shoes: Sam Edelman via ebay
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Folding Wayfarer by Ray Ban via ebay
Jacket: Gap, thrifted

This outfit felt like such a departure for me, yet the elements weren't that far from my normal choices.  Yes, the shoes were shiny and metallic (I'm still not sure about these), but oxfords aren't hugely different from ballet flats or moccasins, my usual casual choices in footwear.  And I've worn these pants before, as well as the tee.  Somehow the combination felt a bit foreign, but I guess in a good way.  (I'm not loving the last picture with the jacket on, however.  A bit too 80's.  Maybe a black blazer next time?  I only wore the jacket for a bit in the morning, so I guess I never noticed how cheesy it looked.)  I guess I've decided I need to branch out a bit more, so this is a try in that direction.  Style is a journey, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment