Sunday, December 11, 2016

Pleated lace



Activity: Meeting for worship

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Blazer: Ann Taylor, this season (exact)
Tank: Old Navy (similar)
Skirt: H&M, thrifted (similar, similar)
Belt: Gap (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors via ebay (similar)
Shoes: BCBGeneration "Parade" via ebay (similar) (This is quite a comfortable, classic heel with a hidden platform, you can still get versions on eBay, I just bought a NWT black pair.  I size up 1/2 size, FYI.)
Bag: GiGi NYC via ebay (similar)
Lip: ColourPop ultra matte "Creeper" (exact, similar)

I mentioned recently that I've been trying some new silhouettes.  This was an experiment that worked better in real life than it photographed, but was still fun.  I almost never tuck shirts in, nor do I wear pleated, fuller skirts often.  It felt a little fancy, especially with the little glittery touch of the belt, but still appropriate for a non-formal occasion.

I've decided to focus more on what clothing and colors interest me, and less on what designers and the fashion industry tell me are in style.  I found this skirt at a thrift store, and loved the pleated style and just-below-knee length (everything pleated out right now is midi-length, which is pretty unflattering on me).  I wouldn't have thought of buying this color (although olive is almost always a great choice), but I've worn a similar combination before (here) of navy, black and olive that I liked, so I restyled it with this skirt and switched the black to brown.  I had fun wearing a "swishy" skirt for the day, anyway....

In case you're in the market...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, I love this outfit. I wear a lot of swishy skirts (bonus points if it has pockets). I find that I can wear my top tucked so long as I wear a cardigan or blazer over it as you did here. I also mostly buy thrifted.... Favorite way to shop. Merry Christmas to you and your family. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pockets are absolutely the best!! And thrifting is such a fun and safe way to try out new fashion ideas. Enjoy the time with your family!!

      Delete