Thursday, May 17, 2018

Mod mood





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Meeting for worship

Coat: Talbots, thrifted (similar)
Dress: Boden, thrifted (similar)
Earrings: From Brazil (similar)
Bracelet: ebay (similar)
Bag: Kate Spade, gift (similar budget, similar)
Shoes: Franco Sarto via DSW (similar)

Outfit inspiration?  Completely these earrings that I had just purchased from a friend who brought jewelry from Brazil to sell.  I wasn't sure I'd have the items to match this mod feel, but with a basic shift dress (definitely a wardrobe basic, in my opinion), and this fun bright minimalist coat, the outfit came together.

I'm starting to realize what my closet goals are - versatility.  Not necessarily trendy, although I enjoy incorporating a popular trend if it fits my personal aesthetic (especially if I can thrift that item).  Within a range of looks I enjoy, I like being able to morph basic pieces into completely different feeling outfits.  I've had some hiccups along the way, choosing looks that weren't really my style because they were trendy, but thankfully outfit photographs often have kept me from wearing those items more than once (someday I'll share some of those photos, but ugh... not today).  

What are the outfit moods in my range - currently, anyway? Modern minimalist, like this outfit, slightly bohemian minimalist (like this outfit), classic (seen here and here), a bit preppy (here), a bit romantic (here).  

What are your favorite outfit moods?

Here are some shopping options, if you're in the market:

JEWELRY:


BAGS:


COAT:


DRESS:


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment