Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring flowers










OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: Old Navy (similar)
Top: Who What Wear (similar)
Scarf: thrifted (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Vince Camuto via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Bag: Fratelli Roselli, thrifted (similar)
Watch: MVMT via ebay (similar, exact - sold out but you can sign up for an email)
Earrings: Groupon (similar)
Sunglasses: LOFT (similar)

Okay, maybe it's more like a jungle here than actual spring flowers, but it does set off a spring outfit nicely, no?  I'm back to getting reaquainted with my favorite basics for spring: olive utility jacket, flouncy cream cotton peplum top, cute (but comfy) sandals, and a neck scarf (as a nod to the trend, as well as a nod to the classic).  

To be honest, I felt like I didn't even really need the neck scarf added to the outfit, especially since this top has a pretty edging on the neckline, but I wanted to do something to make this outfit feel like spring 2017, not like a repeat of spring/summer 2016.  Because of the scarf, though, I kept the accessories to a minimum.  If I wanted to do a statement earring (seeming to be a hot trend for 2017 after the years of statement necklaces), I'd take off the scarf.

What do you do to update your classic outfits? 

Here are some sandal and peplum top options for you to check out!


No comments:

Post a Comment