Monday, March 6, 2017

OUTFIT: Soft trench







OUTFIT DETAILS:
Trench: Gap, thrifted (similar style, similar style, similar style, similar(ish) color but limited sizes)
Top: Ann Taylor (similar)
Skirt: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Scarf: Echo, thrifted (similar)
Earrings & pendant: from a vacation in the Bahamas (similar earring, similar pendant)
Necklace: via ebay (similar)
Bag: thrifted (similar)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (similar)

I talked about some of my bucket list wardrobe items in a recent post.  Someday I'll actually write it down - and maybe even add it as a page to my blog, but in the meantime, it's been percolating in the gray matter for some time.  A soft, drapey trench coat has been on the list for a while, ever since I saw this post from Kendi, as well as many other photos back in the day on Pinterest.  A trench is such a classic look, and since I already have a (okay, two!) classic structured khaki trench coats (see this post and this one for outfits using each one), I thought a soft one would add some completely different options.  When I stumbled on this purplish-gray coat at a thrift shop, I didn't hesitate.  I would never have ordered this color if I was buying new, but I absolutely love how it goes with my blush items, and I'm curious to see what other color combinations I can make.  That's one of my favorite things about thrifting, the unexpected choices you can make when you're paying so little.

Here's a collage of soft trenches for spring, if this item happens to be on your bucket list, too!: 
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment