Sunday, February 22, 2015

OUTFIT: Casual with flair





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity details: Grocery store run on a cozy, at-home day

Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Tee: LOFT (exact)
Pants: American Eagle Outfitters (similar)
Flats: Sperry (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)
Sunglasses: Rayban (similar)
Earrings: vintage Navajo silver and turquoise via ebay (similar) - (wish you could see these in the photos, they're so cool!)

Is this outfit "blogworthy"?  I'm not sure, although I know I enjoy seeing ways to make even very casual outfits somewhat cute (Pinterest examples here and here), just to get ideas.  It's much simpler to wear something cute AND comfortable at home that is wearable in public, rather than having to change to go out (my usual habit).  Bonus: you're not humiliated if someone rings your doorbell or stops over to say hi.  (Because we've all been there!)

Truthfully, my casual, "lounge" style is a work in progress - usually it leaves much to be desired.  But, as I've focused on only purchasing closet items I actually need, and trying to make my wardrobe more versatile with less pieces, I've found I actually have the budget left to gradually get some cute items to wear at home, instead of just using items that are too worn or stained to wear in public.  Call it an upgrade.  

What's your current wardrobe project?

No comments:

Post a Comment