Wednesday, February 4, 2015

REVIEW: LOFT Ankle zip jean in destructed wash




Closer look at the distressing and ankle zip:


Back of the jeans:

A more realistic (but less flattering) option with flats:

 OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Errands

Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Tee: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Jeans: LOFT (exact)
Heels: Rachel Roy via ebay (similar)
Flats: Sperry via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Bag: Ashley Brooke via DSW (similar)
Earrings: ebay (similar)

I mentioned how much I love LOFT jeans in my previous review of the legging jean.  I was tempted to try a new style when they went on sale (which is regularly!).  Here's my review, in case you find it helpful.

REVIEW: LOFT modern skinny ankle zip jean in destructed perfect blue

Sizing:  I would say this runs pretty true to size, maybe a tiny, tiny hair big.  I usually run between two sizes, and I was able to wear the smaller of my two sizes.  So if you're exactly one size, you might want to check out both that size and the one below it.

Rise:  This waistband hits a bit below my belly button.  It is a hair lower rise than the LOFT legging jean (reviewed here).  It is high enough that I don't have to constantly tug my jeans up or my top down to cover anything, so that's good.

Length: I bought these in the regular length, since this style doesn't come in petite.  Since it is an ankle length, it hits me as a full length pant, at the bottom of the ankle (I am 5'2").  My guess is that they would be on the shorter side if you are taller, so you might want to consider the tall length if you have long legs and don't want them to hit well above the ankle.

Fabric:  Less stretchy than the legging jean (unsurprisingly), but still comfortable.  It is a tiny bit more prone to causing muffin-top than the legging jeans (probably more of an issue with me than the jean - I think it's a combination of the less stretch and slightly lower rise).  This particular style is a lighter-weight denim, which was appealing to me, since I already have some thicker denim jeans.  The distressing is subtle, which was important to me, and it was in locations that don't show skin, also important to me.

Quality:  Seems good to me. These aren't $200 jeans, but they don't feel like $20 jeans either.  I've been happy with how well these are holding up, as well.

Color: This is the destructed perfect blue, and I might just agree that it is the perfect blue, especially for a distressed finish.  It seems light and springlike to me, although it would work in any season, actually.

Comments: I'm now a fan of LOFT jeans, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the last pair I'll try!

No comments:

Post a Comment