Tuesday, June 9, 2015

OUTFIT: Striped dress + denim jacket



OUTFIT DETAILS:
Activity: Family day - zoo and beach

Jacket: Gap, thrifted (similar)
Dress: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Boden, thrifted (similar)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (similar)
Hat: Stetson (similar)
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren (similar)
Earrings: pearl studs (similar)

I still struggle with the casual-but-put-together look.  I haven't perfected it yet, but trying this dress with a denim jacket, fedora and cute tennis shoes feels like I'm getting closer.  My style tends to be more dressy, with a blazer and wedges, but sometimes that just isn't practical when I want to play with my son on the playground.  And sometimes, it's just overdressed for my current life.  So, after finding these shoes at a thrift shop and wondering how to style them, I thought I would try my version of this look (found via Fran's blog).  I don't have a black casual dress, but thought my striped one would work just fine.


If you're interested, here are some dresses and denim jackets you can try:



No comments:

Post a Comment